So, yesterday I was feeling better and thought it would be a good idea for us to visit our families. First we went to visit my adorable grandparents, it was a fun visit and I vow to visit them more often. My Grampa is going to be 94 in a couple weeks, he goes to the gym and walks on the treadmill a few times a week, and I love hearing that. They have been married for 65 years…amazing!
Then we went to visit James’ dad & step-mom. They recently got a juicer, and I have been hearing about all about it but we finally got to see this infamous juicer in action! His step-mom made us some juice, and its official. I need a juicer.
In our juice was celery, swiss chard, parsely, kale, cucumber, yellow beet, mango, clementine, and a bunch of other green things that I can’t identify.
It was honestly delicious, I could drink that every day and be really happy. After doing a little internet research and talking to James’ dad & step-mom about it, here are the pros & cons of juicing to consider:
- Convient way to get tons of nutrients & minerals in one easy to drink glass
- Possible weight loss – I feel like if I started my day with one of these juices, I’d be more likely to eat healthy throughout the day to not “undo” the good I did that morning. Tons of nutrients and very little calories and only natural sugar
- Natural way to boost energy
- Great for radiant skin, hair, and nails
- Full of anti-oxidants for your body’s cells which prevents cancer & heart disease
- Expensive to constantly buy all that produce plus your normal groceries
- Time consuming to wash, cut, and juice fruit & veggies everyday
- Juicers have many parts which aren’t easy to clean
- Requires lots of space to store juicer & produce
- To get a really good juicer, you’re going to have to spend some $$$
- Takes some time to get the hang of it the taste combinations, and you have to consume some really bad tasting juices until you get it right
All in all, I totally want to get one someday but at this point in my life and living situation, I don’t really have the time or space to store everything. For now, I’ll just beg James’ parents to make me juices when we visit.
In other news, feeling better yesterday was a fluke because last night at 1:30 am I was wide awake because I felt so sick and achy. Oyy… I stayed home from work today to prevent my co-workers from catching my cold, and my couch and I have spent a lot of quality time together today. I am pretty sure there is a butt imprint.
On a bright note, I watched Ellen and I never get to do that. Ellen sent Sophia Grace & Rosie to be Grammy red carpet correspondents and it was hilarious and adorable.
Do you have juicer? If so, do you love it? If not, have you thought about getting one?
Have you seen Sophia Grace & Rosie on Ellen?? lol